DUI Zip Seals and Zip Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what you're asking, but I have them and REALLY like the arrangement! No leaks, easy to change out if I develop a leak on a wrist seal or glove

Mark

I like the wrist seals and gloves--I haven't taken the gloves off my suit since I got them. I didn't get the neck ZIP seal but I think I will if I get a 30/30 tropical suit in the future--it might save an expensive trip. (As an added bonus, having the wrist seals meant they didn't have to cut me out of a brand new suit when I broke my arm last spring!)

Thanks guys that's the kind of info I am looking for as I am purchasing the CLX 450 and debating the zip seals and Zip Gloves as an option. I have no experience with Zip Seals as I have always had the regular Neoprene or Latex seals.

So no problems with leaks how about the gloves any hassles getting in and out of them? Is it easier to leave them installed on the suit or do you install the gloves after you have put on the suit?

They're expensive. The zip seal for the neck might be nice just for the convenience.

If you get the Viking ring permanently attached by the factory when you order your DUI drysuit ($60) you can change your own wrist seals and you can use any rubber gloves. Regular latex wrist seals are around $30/pair and gloves are about $15. Much cheaper than $75 or so for wrist zipseals. I don't know how much zip gloves are but it's not $15.

You can also use any latex wrist seals and not just DUI. DUI latex seals are paper thin and tear easily. I now use Diving Concepts but most any will fit.

Regarding Zipgloves you have to put them on before donning the suit which would be a hassle for me. I like to have the use of my bare fingers until the last minute when gearing up.

When I suit up with the Zip gloves in place I'm able to leave my right arm out until my head is in, use my right hand to smooth out the neck seal, and then sneak the right arm into the sleeve and glove. For the rest of the gearing up process, doing it with the gloves on is fine.

Gloves stay on the suit, and, if necessary, I get some help from my buddy with the neck seal. But I'm getting better at learning how to get the neck seal on without having to mess with it after it goes over my head.... DUI zip seal gloves are expensive, but I like 'em ALOT. They are not for everyone since folks have differing likes and needs. Did I say I like 'em ALOT?!!??

Mark

DH and I really like ours. The only "issue" we've found is if you get any dampness in the gloves they are hard to dry out and get funky. We've started taking ours off and turning them inside out to dry. Then again I'm ODC about damp funk.

For what it's worth:

I have zip seals, and love them. I don't dive as often as I'd like, and having to miss a dive because of a teared seal would be a bummer. Having spare (and trimmed) zip seals in the bag means I can repair instantly.

I'm about to buy dry gloves as well, but I considered and ruled out the zip gloves. I'll probably end up with DC rings installed on my zip seals, both for seal redundancy and the convenience of removing the gloves but not the suit in between dives. And really cheap gloves replacement as well.

I don't know if all zip gloves are the same, but I talked with a guy who has them just the other day. He said that he doesn't have an inner seal with the glove, so if it floods, the whole arm floods quickly. I prefer that the latex seal is in place, so if I flood, it won't be too much of an issue....if you're diving a place where dry gloves are necessary, it's also nice to keep as dry as possible in case of a failure.

No experience with zip seals of any sorts otherwise...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom