DUI Zip Gloves and dexterity ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

egdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
With several types of Zip gloves to choose from.
Which is better rubber or crushed neoprene ?
What are the pro's and con's of each ?

Rubber..

New neoprene one is clumsy. Specially, the photographer doesn't like it.

New rummber with a dam looks great, but pricey. Even DUI said it is an overkill.

I've had the blue zips(with dam) and yellow liners for about a year. My hands have never been cold while wearing them, this includes an ice diving class where I was the instructor and spent 3 straight hours in the water. I just got the new CN zip gloves because I own a dive shop and need to try something before I can recommend it (how's that for justification). I haven't dove the CNs yet, but they are a bit snugger and come with a really nice polartech glove liner which is much thinner than the classic yellow, but very warm.

Crushed Neoprene. Basically the same stuff as your CF 200. Though I swear by them, I have always been a little nervous about the blue and orange gloves around wrecks. I snapped up a pair of the CN gloves as soon as they came out specifically for that application. I think it would be hard to hole them, though on the downside they do seem to be thicker and may result in lower dexterity, too early for me to tell.

Spratman:
Sounds great! I bought a CF200 with zip seals, so next winter, I'm ready to go!

I was diving wet last weekend and I had numb hands, but so did the drysuit guys. We all had wet gloves.

CN zip gloves??

They're new, not in the printed catalog yet,listed, but not pictured on DUI website. Compressed neoprene, they're black with a cuff that covers the zip, and come with a nice polartech liner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom