DUI Weight Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BPDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Whats the difference between the Classic harness and the WT 2 ? One more verstile than the other? I've just got my CLX450 and don't like a wearing a weight belt with it. I borrowed a friends Classic harness and it worked fine, but he wasn't famliar with the WT 2.
-BPDiver

Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry! The link provided by Aaron above is very helpful.

A couple of additional things...

The Weight & Trim Classic is a webbing system. You have quite a bit of adjustability. You can adjust up and down and you can adjust the pockets side to side. With this system you can really target you personal buoyancy characteristics. However, I have heard some people feel that the webbing creates extra bulk under their BCD that they are not comfortable with. Therefore, they elect to go with the Weight & Trim 2.

The Weight & Trim 2 has adjustability up and down (similar to a BCD's adjustability). Some find the harness to be softer than the webbing harness of the Classic. The 2 has a broader fabric across the back that lays very flat against the body. The Weight & Trim 2 does not have adjustable weight pockets.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Thank you,

Jessica
DUI

Thanks for everyone's input; sounds like the Classic is the best choice for how I dive; order has been placed. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom