DUI Weight and Trim System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finster,
I tried it , I liked it enough to buy one.
only a couple dives with it so far.

Uncle Pug,
It's great for those of us who don't have butts.
It's much more comfortable than a belt.

A DM that helps out at my LDS has one and loves it.
I kept looking at it and tried to justify the cost, but couldn't do it. I went with simple weight belt, although I am starting to suffer from old man disease... My butt fell off and my chest has sunk to my waist...

Ty

... no wait.... that should have been ...imagination of...

Anyway.... while not truely buttless myself, I have found that Heath's belt doesn't slide down even though I purposely leave it a little loose.

But then I only dive 8#s in it and remain horizontal in the water. :D

Hi- I have had the DUI trim system for 2 and a bit years now. I was skeptical at first, but now I will not use anything else. It is fantastic! No lower back pain, no weight belt tight around your waist, easy to put on and take off. I have D rings on my harness and also on the belt - this is good to hang my stuff off like compass, torch, etc. The material is very robust. I have 500 dives on my system so far and it is beginning to look slightly used only now. The quick release system is good, but does require a very good tug to release the pouches. Those of us who are a little weaker in the arms may need to use both hands. What I like is that the weight belt is loose around your waste and not rubbing the zipper of the drysuit. All the weight is carried by the shoulders

Don't concern yourself with the dollars - go get one today - you will not regret your decision. Dive safe......Iain

I know a woman diver that had a problem releasing the weights.

The situation, two women with an injured male diver wearing the DUI weights on the surface. The women tried to release the weights but did not have enough strength lifting vertically (upwards out of the water) to release the cord. They could not of course roll the diver on his face so that they could pull downard with better leverage. The women were very familiar with the DUI weight system.

When the boat reached them the divemaster was easily able to reach down and release the weights.

Just something to consider.

Ralph

I tried it for a couple dives at the Dui demo day and I like it pretty well. It's really comfortable and you don't have to hunch over to get it on snug( which can be a problem on a crowded dive boat). I've not bought one yet but I probally will when I get my drysuit. The price at under 100 is really not bad compared to what it used to be 256(yuck).

What happens if (when) something snags the yellow hoops that stick out from the DUI weight harness.... do you get snagged and forward progress arrested? Or does it dump your weights?

I and my partner have used the system for 4 years now without a hitch. I have never even got close to snagging the yellow weight release handle and would have to say that it is far more likely for your weight belt to come loose by knocking the buckle open than snagging the yellow hoops.

The system is perfect in every respect and DOES NOT hurt your lower back like some standard belts do when fitted with haevy weights for use with a dry suit. Iain:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom