DUI TLS350, any personal feedback or tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BGF

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
well I just got an increduble deal on a used TLS350, quoted at only 10 dives. I dove one at the DOG rally this past fall and loved it, but I thought I would see if anyone who dives one has any personal feedback or recommendations? I'm pretty pumped :D

The TLS350 sucks - send it to me and I'll get rid of it for you :)

Congrats on the deal, enjoy diving it. Like medic13 said, as long as the suit fits you well, you should love it.

-Nick

It's a great suit. Not a whole lot different than the other suits out there. Some of the older Apeks low-profile shoulder dumps would leak at the surface. My suit is new and I haven't had a problem with it, but it it happens to you, just keep the valve closed when you are getting in the water and then open it once you are at depth. Another annoyance I've had is that I am always digging around in the suit to find the suspenders (black on black- hard to find). I'm planning on using either florescent tape or a paint pen to brighten them up so they are easy to see. Other then that, just keep your seals talc'd, wax your zipper every few dives, keep the latex out of the sun when not in use and enjoy the suit. Congrats on the purchase.

I have one custom cut to me (I'm a really odd size- kind of short & shall we say,..ahem... a little rotund?) & I love it! It's easy to move & flex in, yet durable (at least so far). I have several different weights of undergarment to choose from, to wear under it to comfy. The only big minus is I wish I would have had the shoulders cut a little larger for my thicker undergarments, but other than that, I'm thrilled!

I loved my TLS350, but it became my backup suit when I found a great deal on a truly "never-used" second-hand CLx450.

The TLS350 has such a nice fit with its light, supple trilaminate material that I may begin using it again.

If yours has only the stock reinforcement on the knees, the stitching is pretty exposed, so I would suggest you avoid kneeling on rough bottoms and avoid crawling out on your hands and knees on shore dives.

I never did any crawling out on hands and knees, but I did a little kneeling occasionally on gravel bottoms while scalloping. The stitching wore through in spots on one knee finally allowing the knee reinforcement layer to pull away. Stitched it myself and sealed the inside of the stitching with Aquaseal and it was good as new, but it's worth avoiding such trouble.

If you got the right size, you will love the suit. The range of movement and mobility is wonderful! :)

Best of luck, lucky guy!

C'mon, tell us how good a deal it was. I love to hear about bargains, since I'm always looking for them myself! :D

Dave C

Keep the zipper well waxed and care for the seals and it should last you quite a while. I've got two years worth of "NJ Wreck Dives" on many and it's still like new.

Wouldn't trade mine for anything else.

I'm 6'0 about 180(ish) but pretty solid, and the guy I'm buying from is 6'1" 210, said it fits well but a little snug in the feet. It's a stock large. I don't think I'll have any sizing problems (definitely not restrictive). Any feedback to that? Everyone has said the fit is key. I assume having too tight a fit would be worse then slightly too big??:confused: Maybe that just means I can wear heavier under garments.

I'm 6'0 about 180(ish) but pretty solid, and the guy I'm buying from is 6'1" 210, said it fits well but a little snug in the feet. It's a stock large. I don't think I'll have any sizing problems (definitely not restrictive). Any feedback to that? Everyone has said the fit is key. I assume having too tight a fit would be worse then slightly too big??:confused: Maybe that just means I can wear heavier under garments.

You're right about it being better to have a slightly loose fit, IMO.

Size Large fits my slightly portly 5'9" 190 lb frame well, even with very thick insulation in the winter that requires 50lbs of lead to off-set.

Despite that, it's not too loose when I'm in 80-degree water wearing only 100 weight Polartec and 20 lbs of lead.

Size Large is about 2 inches taller than I need, but I'd say it will be perfect for you.

Tightness on the feet will be colder, however.

What size are the drysuit socks or Turbosoles? One size bigger than your shoe size is good.

Dave C

Tightness on the feet will be colder, however.

What size are the drysuit socks or Turbosoles? One size bigger than your shoe size is good.

Dave C

the feet are a size 12, and I normally wear a size 11 shoe/boot, sounds about perfect. I think it will allow me to wear thicker/warmer socks with the suit! Gotta say, the more I hear about the suit the more excited I am. I've been diving a 7mm, 2 piece farmer, nice and warm on the 1st dive but it starts getting a little chilly after repeated dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom