DUI stock sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

savechief

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by the DUI stock sizing. Here's me...

6'1"
170lbs
32" waist
33.5" inseam
39.5" chest
size 11 shoe

Based on height, I'm a Large Tall, but based on waist, I'm in the Small range. I'm a prototype Medium Tall in just about every other manufacturer's sizing charts, but I cannot for the life of me figure out the DUI sizing. Is a custom DUI suit the only way that I'll fit in a DUI? There's gotta be some other beanpole out their that owns a DUI drysuit...

John

I was wondering the same thing. I am the same but 10 lbs lighter but other than that I am the same build. I would think I take the same size suit. I would love to know the answer so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

so how do plan to get into that suit? you gota slide your arse pass the waist you know.

I bought a stock DUI suit after trying on a stock size at the DOG days (the DUI product demo event). The stock suit came in and DIDNT FIT!!! DUI claimed I must have tried on one of a few custom suits they had there... or the fact that crushed neoprene doesnt crush consistently. SOOOO I sent the suit back and ordered the custom suit. 6 months later I still dont have a drysuit. I am still very much looking forward to getting my suit as DUI suits set industry standards. Anyways the moral of the story is just spend the $200 now and get the suit made perfectly. If you think I am alone on this I met somebody else that had the same exact problem with a stock DUI suit. Why risk have a suit too small or one thats too big and adds drag?! Anyways if you insist on stock: http://www.dui-online.com/sizing.htm will tell you sizing... Best wishes and happy diving

TrojanCatMan:
I bought a stock DUI suit after trying on a stock size at the DOG days (the DUI product demo event). The stock suit came in and DIDNT FIT!!! DUI claimed I must have tried on one of a few custom suits they had there... or the fact that crushed neoprene doesnt crush consistently. SOOOO I sent the suit back and ordered the custom suit. 6 months later I still dont have a drysuit. I am still very much looking forward to getting my suit as DUI suits set industry standards. Anyways the moral of the story is just spend the $200 now and get the suit made perfectly. If you think I am alone on this I met somebody else that had the same exact problem with a stock DUI suit. Why risk have a suit too small or one thats too big and adds drag?! Anyways if you insist on stock: http://www.dui-online.com/sizing.htm will tell you sizing... Best wishes and happy diving

Agreed, I went custom on my DUI and would never do it any other way.
Sure it's extra $, but well worth it in my opinion.

savechief:
I'm a bit confused by the DUI stock sizing. Here's me...

6'1"
170lbs
32" waist
33.5" inseam
39.5" chest
size 11 shoe

Based on height, I'm a Large Tall, but based on waist, I'm in the Small range. I'm a prototype Medium Tall in just about every other manufacturer's sizing charts, but I cannot for the life of me figure out the DUI sizing. Is a custom DUI suit the only way that I'll fit in a DUI? There's gotta be some other beanpole out their that owns a DUI drysuit...

John

Here's me:

6'0"
170 lbs
32" waist
34.4" inseam(long-legged, short-torsod build)
39" chest
size US 12 street shoe (size 14 rock book)

A mens stock large CF200 fits me perfectly. However, none of their undergarments really fit me well, so I ended up going with a USIA Superstretch mens medium-long. I'd try some stock sizes on first before you commit to going custom. If you can fit a stock size you'll save some descent money that you can put into zipseals or other options.

-John

Edit- the size 14 rockboots are because I'm wearing DUI 400g Thinsulate booties.

At this last weeks LDS SCuba Fair, the DUI rep fit me into a suit and said I was borderline; I confirmed it with 3 other LDS staff, each independently.

After thinking about my goals, I 'm looking for 10 years and 1000+ dives as my target use and went for a DUI custom suit, and it ended up being a fraction if amortized over a "per dives" calculation.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you: On paper a "Large" stock size suit should NOT fit me...

6'2"
180lbs
34" waist
33.5" inseam
41" chest
size 11 shoe

However, an off the rack TLS350 fits me like it was made custom. Perhaps there's a tiny bit more room in the torso than my skinny frame requires, but I invested the price difference between stock and custom and got the sport package, adding knee pads, two pockets, a hood, and turbo soles.

DUI suits are a little... roomy for the height.

I wear a stock medium. I'm 5'9, 167 lbs. It's a little "roomy" in the legs and torso. It fits well, but far from perfectly.

If you're my weight and 4 inches taller, and you go to a bigger size... you will find that the DUI stock size is made for someone ~40-50 pounds heavier than you.

Get a custom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom