DUI quick zip vs classic zip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They zip in opposite direction. I like the classic, zips from shoulder to waist. Although the quick zip has a bigger opening (goes around the waist farther) people seem to have more trouble making sure it is closed all the way - it zips to the shoulder.

I have the classic zip on my suit and would order this way again. It is much easier to check that the zipper is fully closed by pulling down and looking at your waist than by pushing up and looking at your shoulder. Just make sure you open the zipper all the way when removing the suit and be careful - it is an expensive part of the suit to replace.

John

I have a TLS with classic zip. Since the zipper opens from the bottom and I'm a male diver I have been able to use the standard classic zipper as a relief zipper when needed (quite often) This takes a little contortion but is do-able for me. May not work for all and I'd practice beforehand.

I got 13 years out of my first tls zipper and have 9 years on my current one so the classic holds up fine if you care for it properly. Classic is easy to access and easy to check last minute before you jump in. I dont know what the thinking was in changing the zipper to close at the top because it is harder to do and seems less desirable.

Store your suit with zipper open, wax with plain parafin from the grocery canning supplies or another hard wax like "Max Wax" if I remember correctly, not sticky dirt attracting wax.

Robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom