DUI FLX50/50 drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't own one however!!!:)

I do own a cf200 dui suit it is fabulous and is about the best suit i have ever owned!!:D

The 50 / 50 has the crushed neoprene on the bottom half of the suit and light tri'lam material on the top!!! They have the best seem work i've ever seen...

The crushed neoprene is literally bullet proof and the top will dry really fast:wink:

NINJA

I own/use a DUI FLX50/50, and am quite happy with it. I have about 100 dives on it over the past 2 years. The crushed Neoprene bottom is tough, and provides good abrasion resistance, and the top is quite comfortable. I would buy it again if I were doing it all over.

I had DUI put on a Thigh Pocket that I use all the time.

The only disadvantage that I've seen is that the suit is heavy when wet, and takes a while to dry. My wifes TLS dries in about a half hour, and my suit takes the better part of a day.

Boydski

I have one too. boydski pretty much nailed the issues and I agree with everything he said.

I'll just add that one reason I selected the Flex 50/50 was the reduction I perceived in kicking resistance. People talk about drysuit drag but normally don't mention that because your legs kicking up and down are the fastest moving parts of your body, they have a high drag force resisting that motion, i.e. making it harder to kick. The crushed neoprene stretches, therefore it can be cut a bit closer than the trilaminate, reducing the folds, which in turn reduces the drag somewhat.

I like having the lighter trilaminate top which provides easier motion and at least that part of the suit drys quickly.

I know here in New England several shops rent DUI suits. If you can rent the suits in your area (or go to a DUI demo) you should try them out and see what works best for your diving.

Ralph

Thanks for your opinion guys. rcohn, I was thinking exactly the same - streamlined in the legs, and heaps of flexibility in the torso/arms. Waiting for a DUI demo day to roll around in this part of the world (sept I think) to try one out.

Really can't justify buying one just yet, but I might be moving to NY at the end of the year where I figure it would be warranted.

Ben

I have the DUI CLX-450. It is a tough suit that is not heavy when wet and dries very fast. The 50/50 is also a nice suit and the top half tends to dry fast, but the bottom stays wet for a while.

Dive Safe ………….Arduous

I think I am buying TLS350,,,it dries fast, and durable

Uncle Pug:
It's half of the best! :wink:

I'm considering a drysuit as well and have been thinking about these issues. Which half do you think is the best?

I just dropped 3K on the counter today for a Signature Series TLS350 to replace my old shoulder entry TLS.:dropmouth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom