DUI fit / sizechart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scub Dub

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a DUI dealer near me. I am considering ordering one of their TLS 350 suits online, just going by the DUI sizechart. My question is: How accurate are the size charts? Do you think this is a dumb thing to even consider?
Thanks.

Do you think this is a dumb thing to even consider?

Yup.

For instance "on paper" I am 5" too tall - and my arms are 4" too long - for a stock size L, yet mine fits me like it was custom made. I'd say you really need to try it on.

At a minimum be sure if you go on-line that you get a guarantee that you can exchange for size.

There are a couple options but I would suggest this one... use the measurement guidelines they have online (have someone take all of your measurements) and then call them to see what they recommend for you. If they make a recommendation and the suit doesn't fit they will take it back and exchange it for you.

The other option is to see what your measurements come out to and order that suit.

I measure a stock large pretty much right down the line and I have a stock medium as I wanted a "cave cut" suit. I was measured last year at DEMA by DUI for a custom cave cut suit and they said to try the medium or the medium long as they should fit the same. They were right and ended up saving me some money.

Scott

Don't do it. I should not have fit into a suit that I fit into at DEMO days either. It's no fun having a big bag just because you did not dare to take the smaller one that might have been a perfect fit. Also, I tried same size in two different types of suits, and one went on, one didn't... I got a custom in the end because it made sense (so small difference) but I was very surprised by the sizing numbers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom