DUI drysuits origin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hats they give away at DUI days are purchased from China.

Hi Vioch,

YES! All DUI drysuits are manufactured in San Diego. Max Speed is correct. The hats used at the Demo Tours are purchased in China. We have tried to find a local source that meets our budget and design criteria. We did purchase the Demo Tour t-shirts from a silkscreen company in La Mesa and we kept their machines pretty busy :D.

If anyone is in San Diego and wants to see their baby in the factory let us know!

Thank you,

Kathy

I'm gonna be sending another suit order in soon. I just may do that.
Thanks,
K

If anyone is in San Diego and wants to see their baby in the factory let us know!

Thank you,

Kathy

I just did that last week when I picked up my suit for repair work. The staff was very pleasant and enthusiastic in giving me a tour. I gotta say, it was cool! I was able to tour all the buildings where they were cutting the various colors/types of material and putting together both the neoprene and fabric suits (currently busy on Coast Guard and military stuff). Everyone was friendly and they are a great group of people out there - even with all that glue fumes:wink:

I even got a hands-on look at the new silicon seals that are currently going through testing.:D

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom