DUI Drysuit pockets: WTB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Halcyon pockets (on my 3mm and 5mm suit) I have had DUI zippered pockets on my CF200, and I have DUI Velco Bellows pockets on my new CLX450 suit. I always dive with drygloves on my drysuits and I found the velco bellows pockets were hard to get stuff back into. I need practice to be able to make sure the top cover does not shut when I am about to slide my wetnotes back in. I never had problems with my zippered pockets (8 years old).

The halcyon exploration pockets (the big one) is on my 5mm suit works great for my stuff for cave diving. I dive it bare handed so closing and opening is not an issue.

It would be nice to be able to try them on in the water. I had a buddy who could decide on pockets and he happende to be the same size as me. I had him try my suits and he went with the Halcyon pockets on this TLS 350.

Jim

You will need two pockets. Where are you going to put your SMB and reel, whistle, signal mirror, wet notes, shears, backup mask, etc? My SMB, from DAN, and reel take up much of my pocket. As said above if purchased with the drysuit they are sewn on, which is the way to go. If you are gluing them on, then check these out. They look identical to the Oxycheq pockets that I have, but that is just by looking at the photos.
Xs Scuba Wetsuit Drysuit Pocket - Glue On Wetsuit Drysuit Pocket

An empty pocket adds no discernible drag or entanglement issue. It's a lot cheaper and better to get your pockets installed when the suit is built than to send it somewhere later to have it done, and believe me, you do NOT want to glue on your own pockets. No matter how you go about it, they WILL peel from the corners.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom