DUI dry suit measurement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndemeis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was looking at DUI measurements for dry suits and they seem off to me. The Floor to crotch measurement seems very long and the spine to wrist measurement seems very short. Does anyone know if these are accurate? (Working in the fashion industry for awhile I rarely found a person with a sleeve measurement (spine to write mesaurement) of 27" as mine measures 34). Just wondering if someone could shed some light on this for me.

Regarding the spine to wrist measurement.

I believe that the number listed is the material length. The seal extends another 6 inches giving a total in your case of 33 inches.

The Floor to crotch accounts for the use of a heavy undergarment and the sock system. Several inches are necessary to prevent binding.

Experience has allowed DUI and others to develop a conversion factor for your normal measurements. You give them your actual measurements, they convert it to account for the various accessories and you get a great fit.

Hi ndemeis -

This is Kathy with DUI. That's a great question. We have a measurement guide online at dui-online.com/pdf/measuring_instructions.pdf which describes how we take our drysuit measurements. The floor-to-crotch measurement is the entire length. Most apparel inseam measurements are not measured to the floor. Or at least that is my understanding. We have had people in the factory with a background in apparel and they have mentioned that our measurements/designs are quite different. If you are ever in San Diego and would like a factory tour please let the office staff at DUI know. It is usually best to arrange a tour a few days ahead of the actual date.

I was measured yesterday for a new DUI CLX 450 by our local dealer. The process was extensive and his measurements were exhaustive and often repeated to ensure accuracy. I was extremely impressed and understand now why folks who have their DUI suits custom tailored are so happy with them.

I can't wait to get the suit!

lots of ease built in for underwear and mobility when compressed. they look so funny without someone in them, like they're built for someone 7ft tall!

Hi ndemeis -

This is Kathy with DUI. That's a great question. We have a measurement guide online at dui-online.com/pdf/measuring_instructions.pdf which describes how we take our drysuit measurements. The floor-to-crotch measurement is the entire length. Most apparel inseam measurements are not measured to the floor. Or at least that is my understanding. We have had people in the factory with a background in apparel and they have mentioned that our measurements/designs are quite different. If you are ever in San Diego and would like a factory tour please let the office staff at DUI know. It is usually best to arrange a tour a few days ahead of the actual date.

Thanks. That makes sense as there is usually about 1.5" compared to trousers that I didn't think about. Add in compression and dive wear all makes sense.

Thanks to everyone else as well.

Back
Top Bottom