DUI DEMO Suit Sizing-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kev_328

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I participated in a DUI DEMO Tour last year and tried on a TLS350 XL and a FLX Extreme XL. The TLS350 did not fit me as well as the FLX Extreme. (The TLS 350 was tight around my calf.)

1.) I am certain that both suits were size XL. However, I recently asked my wife to measure me using DUI's measurement guidelines (http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/measuring_instructions.pdf) and it appears that I should have been in an XXL suit. Does the FLX Extreme Size XL run a little larger than a TLS350 Size XL?

2.) Is the FLX Extreme designed with more room in the legs than the TLS350?

3.) I have noticed that DUI's Drysuit Size Guidelines (http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/size_chart.pdf) does not show the calf dimensions. What are the calf measurements for the FLX Extreme XL Select Series and XXL Select Series?

Thanks
Kevin

Last edited:
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the questions.

1) No, they are exactly the same and cut off the same pattern.

2) No.

3) This question was posed to the engineering department. Not much of a difference (2 fifths, or .4".) XXL with calf measurement of about 20 will be good, depending on type of insulation worn and may require customization if insulation is equivalent to 400 or greater.

Do you know which model was used, Classic or QZ? This might be on the back of your coupon.

Thanks so much.

Kathy

Hi Kathy-

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. If both suits are cut from the same pattern, can you think of a plausible reason why the FLX Extreme seemed to be a better fit? (The TLS350 had turbo soles and FLX Extreme had socks...could that be the difference?)

I checked my coupons and neither one seemed to indicate classic or QZ. Can you tell the difference between the classic and QZ by looking at photos? I can email you a couple of pics that shows me wearing the suits.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The QZ is for QuickZip. The drysuit zipper starts at the bottom left and zips up. Classic zip starts at the shoulder and zips down. The QZ is placed to allow a larger shoulder opening. If you have broad shoulders or some divers have an injury that limits shoulder movement... I would go with the QZ. I don't have either (I tell my kids my shoulders are broad :wink: ) and I just like the QZ style zipper.

Do you think it's possible you dove an XXL? We have those on the truck. The suit fit very similar in all other locations except the calves? And you wore the same insulation under both suits? Which suit did you dive first?

Sorry for the delay... we are busy working on a new.... (Oh I forgot I can't says). I marked to have the board let me know when you respond.

Thanks Kevin!!!!

Hi Kathy-

I've got a couple photos that show me standing on the beach in the drysuits. Both photos show M-XL marked on the sleeves. I also found my coupons. I dove the TLS350 first with Jump 300 for thermal protection. (The TLS350 had turbo soles.) The second suit was the FLX Extreme and I used Jump 350 for protection.

From the photos I can't determine if the zipper heads are on my shoulder or down by my waist. However, I think the zipper started at the shoulder and I had to pull down to close it.

Thanks
Kevin

Hi Kev,

The sizes should be the same. There is a manufacturers tolerance on sizes. This is why you can buy identical items at the same time and they can fit differently. The boots should not change the size. On the 300 jumpsuit. Depending on the weather the fabric, which is Polartec, can be a bit sticky. If it landed on your calf area a bit off it might give the feeling of the suit being tighter in the legs. Again though they should fit similar.

You can always have your measurements taken at your local DUI dealer. They can submit them to the factory and they will take those measurements and see if you fit into a stock XL or if you would be better served in a Special Production.

If the zipper ends at the bottom that's a classic zipper style.

Hope this helps. For some reason I did not get notification of your reply. You can always email me direct at Kathy@DUI-Online.com if that works better.

Have a great week!

Kathy

Thanks for all your help Kathy. I visited my LDS yesterday and submitted my order for a new FLX Extreme Select Series.

Kevin
Saratoga County NY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom