DUI Demo Days at Blue Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Chicken197 and I went to the DOG days at Pelham on Sunday, did two dives in one of the front entry DUI suits. It seemed a bit bulkier than my Bare as I needed 6 more pounds to get down and stay down with it on.

What I liked:

front entry
self replacable seals
suspenders

What I didn't like:

Restrictive to movement
bulkier
Had leak on wrist

Both dives were great although I had a bouyancy issue on dive one, I added the 6 additional pounds then had no issue on dive 2. All-in-all a great day!

Mike

That's great Mike. DUI suits are really great, but too rich for my blood.

I'll be back at it soon when my reg. gets back. Lanier should be coming up nicely.
My daughter's boyfriend finished his basic skills and passed the written test at Diver's Supply this past weekend. He will be ready to go on his OW checkout in the next month or two. He wants to do his OW checkout on the same trip when I will be doing my AOW checkout dives. We'll see if we can work it out.

The DUI event was great. This was my first time ever in a drysuit and I am sold. The 7mm wetsuit is retired, I am diving dry until August when I get to Cancun!

I would definately recommend the DUI Dog Days event to anyone who is considering a drysuit or wants to try one before investing. The cost for the event was only $10 and worth every penny.

The best part was the DUI rep, who with a straight face, told me I could get outfitted for around $3,000 using the coupon provided at the end of the event. They sure are nice suits, but $3,000?

The DUI rep must have been sleeping under a rock and just woke up to say that in this economy. You can get them alot cheaper from ScubaToys or even Diver's Supply. Diver's Supply gave me a great deal on my Pinnacle EVO 2 which was custom fitted. It's comparable to the DUI 450, but much less costly.
The seals on my EVO 2 are tough and should last much longer than the DUIs.
I tried on a DUI 450 back in 2007 and liked it, but decided on the Pinnacle.

3 grand will get you a hazmat suit.

If you liked the DUI but the cost is too high, you might consider looking at the BodyGlove drysuit. It has the same cut as the TLS 350, an outer shell similar to the DR 905, and retails at about 1200. Mine eventually got retired due to using it for commercial work and being coated with kevlar epoxy, but it held its own inside concrete pipes for months without a leak.

Back
Top Bottom