Dui Cnse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711:
Um--- I think Jason covered me off there. I just gave a rundown of the suit - I know you weren't interested in mine, I'm just trying to tell you what the relative merits & demerits of a stock DUI CNSe were. Sorry if that came off like a sales pitch :06: .

No no, i was kidding. I knew you had one and have a lot of opinions so I was hoping to hear from you. The second question was: what do you like about the suit you're going to buy vs. the suit you have. Opinion good, politeness tedious. Thanks.

I am waiting for my CNSE to arrive. For my money, it seemed to do all I need at this time. If I could afford more, I woulda got the cf-200, but by the time I need an upgrade, I should be able to afford it.

doole:
So if you don't have a ceiling, why not get a cf-200?

Because I'm a wretched miser with penny-pinching fingers like dried tubers.

I've had the CnSe for about 2 years now with at least 200 dives in it. I added a pocket, a relief zipper. It's a great drysuit. My only problem is that the feet are beginning to wear out. If you want a reliable basic suit then go for it. I've used it in 32 degree water and it's performed well (with a lot of underwear).

oversea:
I am waiting for my CNSE to arrive. For my money, it seemed to do all I need at this time. If I could afford more, I woulda got the cf-200, but by the time I need an upgrade, I should be able to afford it.

Did you try one on first? Why did you choose it over a TLSse for the same money?

jerseydiver123:
I've had the CnSe for about 2 years now with at least 200 dives in it. I added a pocket, a relief zipper. It's a great drysuit. My only problem is that the feet are beginning to wear out. If you want a reliable basic suit then go for it. I've used it in 32 degree water and it's performed well (with a lot of underwear).

Thanks for the review. Any idea of how much inherent buoyancy it has? (1lb-2lbs?)Why did you prefer it over a shell suit or are you just predjudiced against them like me?

I chose a neoprene suit over a Trilam because of the type of diving I do (and a little bit of predjudice against Trilams :wink:. I also like the fact that it's a better fitting suit. Not like a ziplock baggy for a Trilam.
I don't believe there is a significant buoyancy difference with the CnSe and a Trilam.
On the other hand if you were going with a 5mm Neoprene Diving Concepts type drysuit, buoyancy characteristics would be an issue.

Those are the reasons I like it too. Since I can't see one around here, I have to rely on the opinions of others. I've already decided against heavy neoprene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom