Dui Cnse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do... it's a good suit, no real complaints. I'm actually selling it soon if you're in the market for an XL.

(Hijack - Brand new these sell for $1200... this one is less than two years old and has been modified with all the bells and whistles - balanced p-valve, suspenders, 5th Dimension bellows pockets, and I even had gussets professionaly installed under the arms for increased mobility during valve drills. I'd let it go for $850)

My concerns - rear zipper, which can be a wear point, and the compressed neoprene is tough but heavy and slow drying.

Boogie711:
no real complaints. QUOTE]

Oh really? Could you elaborate on the no-real-complaints? Yours is way too big for me but you seem to be keen to get rid of it. I was thinking of paying $714.47. What's the deal? I know you have an opinion.

evad:
Boogie711:
no real complaints. QUOTE]

Oh really? Could you elaborate on the no-real-complaints? Yours is way too big for me but you seem to be keen to get rid of it. I was thinking of paying $714.47. What's the deal? I know you have an opinion.

LOL - no, really - it's a good suit. I'm getting a Z-Tech from Diving Concepts, and I could use the money, that's all.

The complaints... let me see, if I were to get really picky:

- doesn't come with pockets
- doesn't come with a p-valve
- doesn't come with suspenders
- I was about 2" too tall for it (not the suits fault)
- Came with rock boots instead of turbo soles
- Dump valve is on front of bicep (same with all DUI stock suits, I think)
- heavy and slow to dry (compressed neoprene) but to be fair, quite durable.

I took the time to amend most of those issues (adding pockets, p-valve, etc) but it's still about an inch or two too short for me (I'm 6'4" - if you were around 6' or so it would be perfect.) As a result, valve drills, even with the gussetts added, were tough, so I figured I'd get one of the new z-techs, which are really sweet.

Boogie711:
so I figured I'd get one of the new z-techs, which are really sweet.

Does this inform your opinion of your CNSE (which I am not buying from you?) Cut to the chase please.

Cut to the chase? I think Boogie gave you a good run down of the CNse. One think to keep in mind is that the CNse is an entry level suit. Boogie is just ready to upgrade. Nothing wrong with that.

Jason

Jason B:
Cut to the chase? I think Boogie gave you a good run down of the CNse. One think to keep in mind is that the CNse is an entry level suit. Boogie is just ready to upgrade. Nothing wrong with that.

Jason

Okay. What do you consider a good non-entry level suit? I don"t really have a ceiling.

i have one. love it for cold water. i put on p-valve, zipper flap, 2 pockets, supenders and warm collar. after this on my final cost was the about the same as my girlfriends suit with the same except p-valve and one pocket wasn't there and she got warm wrist on hers. hers is a fabric northern divers suit. diving concepts has some nice suits. i'm just not a fan of fabric.

evad:
Okay. What do you consider a good non-entry level suit? I don"t really have a ceiling.

So if you don't have a ceiling, why not get a cf-200?

Unless you do any ice or winter diving - the neoprene tends to freeze solid. Sucks.

Otherwise they seem to last just about forever. Mine's into its 300'th dive and hasn't leaked yet.

evad:
Does this inform your opinion of your CNSE (which I am not buying from you?) Cut to the chase please.

Um--- I think Jason covered me off there. I just gave a rundown of the suit - I know you weren't interested in mine, I'm just trying to tell you what the relative merits & demerits of a stock DUI CNSe were. Sorry if that came off like a sales pitch :06: .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom