DUI CLx450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uwsince79

Reaction score
Hello all. I am in the market for a new Dry Suit and wanted to ask has anyone used or owns the DUI CLx450? I was quite impressed by the suit write ups. Just wanted everyones .02 cents on any new suits in the market.

Pearce has a DUI CF200 and a 350TLS; both self donning & custom. The CF is pretty much retired these days due to "shrinkage" (that's his story & he's sticking to it! :wink: ) So all he uses for drysuit diving is the 350.

I've got a 350TLS as well. Both of us like the quality, durability, and flexibility of the trilam. They also dry very quickly. We put a couple of extras on them like kevlar kneepads and a large bellows pocket on the leg, but that was about it.

I guess I'd have to ask what you are looking for in a drysuit? What kind of diving? For the average diver I don't know if the 450 is worth the higher price....

~SubMariner~

It's funny you ask... I had some questions regarding the DUI CLx450 and the DUI CF200x So I drove the miles or so to the source. DUI Inc. Dick Long the owner/founder of DUI was there and walked me through the manufacturing process and the ins and outs of both the suits. I'll spare you the details, but we did come to the conclusion that with the type/scope of diving I do, I was more suitable for the CF200x Signature Series suit.

Dick's reasoning behind pushing me more towards the 200 was mostly due to the lack of data on the 450's that are out there. He pointed out that there were some 200's out there that have been in constant service for 20 years. That kind of reliability is second to none.

Further the new 200's are vastly different from last years models in that they are now even lighter than before. This is due to an even better crushed neoprene being available from their source. Further, I picked up a new 200 and a new 450 in each hand and was amazed at how similar the weights were. So the argument that the 200 is heavier than the rest is now a mute point.

Also they have added as standard features, a zipper guard and a warm neck collar to the 200, which makes it look much more asthetically pleasing than before, as well as more functional.

Dick's personal choice is a 200. To tell the truth so is mine.

Hope this all helps LD!

LD, from your Bio, I see that you aren't too far away from becoming a Dive Master. I say this because DUI (as do all Dive manufacturers) has a Key Person Purchase Plan. meaning professionals are given a [red]50% discount[/red] on a suit. This would more than pay for the costs of becoming a DM... just something to think about!

Thank you all for you valuable information and valuable opinions. I really appreciate them.
Mario thanks for the info about your trip to DUI as well. I am planning a trip in September out there and will stop buy DUI to check it it’s operation. Just wont tell my wife……

Once again thank you all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom