Dui Clx450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucid

Contributor
Reaction score
-
I posted last week asking some questions about drysuits. Well I found out that my LDS has a DUI CLX450 Signature Series that was made for a Dr. who was about my size. I tried it on and it fit, at least I think it did, like a dream. So that brings me to my questions. After putting on the suit I was surprised with how little extra fabric there was. I was able to touch my toes, bend my arms back and reach imaginary valves, I could crouch and move in every position I needed to. But I was unable to remove the suit on my on. I got my head out but could get the first hand out without help. Is this normal for a drysuit newbie? Or is the suit just not my size? I wanna make sure before I buy it. The LDS is going to give me a really really good deal if I want it. And I love it.

lucid once bubbled...
-
I posted last week asking some questions about drysuits. Well I found out that my LDS has a DUI CLX450 Signature Series that was made for a Dr. who was about my size. I tried it on and it fit, at least I think it did, like a dream. So that brings me to my questions. After putting on the suit I was surprised with how little extra fabric there was. I was able to touch my toes, bend my arms back and reach imaginary valves, I could crouch and move in every position I needed to. But I was unable to remove the suit on my on. I got my head out but could get the first hand out without help. Is this normal for a drysuit newbie? Or is the suit just not my size? I wanna make sure before I buy it. The LDS is going to give me a really really good deal if I want it. And I love it.
If you could do all that and you can reach your valves, I would go for it. I have the same suit and am very pleased with it. As long as it fits you well and you have a good range of motion and can reach stuff you should be ok. It is hard to get that first shoulder out of there...that's just the way it is. You will get used to it once you have used it a few times. I find it easiest to get the suit material off the shoulder and then stick that hand behind my back. Grab the sleeve of the side you just removed from your shoulder with your other hand behind your back and pull. Once you get the first shoulder out, the rest is easy...

You should be diving with a buddy.

You should always be willing to help your buddy gear up and down.

Getting out of a dry suit with a buddy to help is always easier.

Reccomend going to the DUI rally in Florida next year and get Mr. Long to teach you his way of getting into and out of a dry suit. It looks easier, and Texas Mike said he didn't feel like he was trying to disjoint his shoulder.

TwoBit

Back
Top Bottom