DUI CF200x Sig. vs. FX50/50 Sig.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonisbet

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone:

I am going to order a DUI drysuit within the next week and I was hoping someone could help me out here. I live in the South and most of my diving is in springs, quarries, and lakes. I also do 10 to 15 wrecks dives a year. In about a year, I'm planning to take Cavern through Full Cave. I've narrowed my choices down to the DUI CF200x Signature Series and the DUI FX50/50 Signature Series. I considered the TLS350, but I'm a little concerned about the durability, especially for wreck diving. For those out there who own DUI's, any opinions about these 2 suits? Thanks.

I don't think you would have any trouble with a TLS 350, but if you're convinced otherwise I would look at the CLX 450. It's a compromise between the CF 200 and the TLS 350. The 200 is tough but takes quite a while to dry, which is not a problem unless you're on a multi-day trip. The 50/50 is a TLS 350 top with a CF 200 bottom (weird hybrid), which will be a hard re-sell in the future. I mostly dive wrecks and currently own a 6 yr old CLX 450, and have had no trouble with it. I have a new TLS 350 on the way, and look forward to the same great quality I have with my current suit.

I don't think you would have any trouble with a TLS 350, but if you're convinced otherwise I would look at the CLX 450. It's a compromise between the CF 200 and the TLS 350. The 200 is tough but takes quite a while to dry, which is not a problem unless you're on a multi-day trip. The 50/50 is a TLS 350 top with a CF 200 bottom (weird hybrid), which will be a hard re-sell in the future. I mostly dive wrecks and currently own a 6 yr old CLX 450, and have had no trouble with it. I have a new TLS 350 on the way, and look forward to the same great quality I have with my current suit.

Second the recommendation for the clx 450.

detail correction: the 50/50 is actually clx top not tls.

3rd recommendation on the CLx 50/50 (CLx 450 model). I would not really recommend the cave cut.. It trims you down only negligibly and I have heard from a couple of DUI employees that it can annoy you long term.. eg if you "grow", you may find it incredibly tight. You also have to sign a waiver to DUI if they make the cave cut for you.... The CLx 50/50 creation was instigated by the SoCal DUI rep - a guy named John. I have about 50 dives on my CLx50/50 since Oct07 and love it. I also get lots of piqued interest on it. If you can, go for the Signature Series... you will get it sized to you, and you can get some side pockets which come in handy...

Good luck on whichever model you choose.. you will love the DUI suit...

Second the recommendation for the clx 450.

detail correction: the 50/50 is actually clx top not tls.

Correction to the correction :D. The FLX 50/50 that the OP asked about IS in fact a TLS 350 upper and CF200 bottom. The CLX 50/50 is a different suit and has the CLX 450 upper and CF 200 bottom as you stated. Either way I think the suit would be a hard re-sell. Most people want the 350, 450, or 200. YMMV......

Back
Top Bottom