DUI CF200 ?'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I am the proud new owner of a CF200 and have a few questions.
I've been diving a trilaminate suit and am wondering about the positive bouyancy characteristics of this suit.
Do I need more weight to compensate for the crushed neoprene?

Has anyone added after market pockets? Mine did not come with them.

Have any owners noticed a less feet up attitude over a bag suit?

What is the best dry glove assembly?

Thanks.

The material is quite dense. I don't think you'll notice much bouancy change, if any, from suit material compression.

Tough too!! Took at least 20 good swings with a hammer to drive a punch through the stuff to install a p-valve!

Dove a CF200 for about 13 yrs. Now have a Flex 50/50. I actually had to add 2 lbs with the Flex. It has a little fuller cut I think. Sometimes I wish I had a pocket, but haven't added one yet. No noticeable difference in trim (feet up/down). You might take a look at the new DUI zip seals which can also incorporate a dry glove when required. Do you usually dive in cold water?

I had DUI add pockets to mine and they did an excellent job. One of my dive buddies had a local dive shop add pockets to his and they did not do so well just gluing the pockets directly to the suit. The DUI pockets are sewn onto CF200 material and then that is glued onto the suit. I suppose you could order pockets direct from DUI and then glue them on yourself.

I use Diving Concepts Drygloves and Rings. The rings are very easy to install in a CF200 and you can leave the seal intact.

DUI advertizes that the material in the CF200 is actually slightly negatively buoyant, so there should be no need to add any weight.

Jcclink: Despite what Snowbear says - yes we dive cold here in the PNW :)

UP - Do you remember where you got your Diving Concept gloves? I've looked at the OS system. They appear to be difficult to pry apart. The clerk even suggested that I use my knife to do this. Hmmm - wrist, arteries, blood - not so sure about this.

Edit: covci (one of our SB members) had great prices on them, but they don't list them anymore.

I believe Silent World in Bellevue and 5thD in Issaquah carry them locally.

Replacement gloves can be purchased inexpensively at Seattle Marine Supply at Fisherman's Terminal.
www.seamar.com

Since my two dive buddies are out of town this weekend, guess I'll stay dry and run over and check out Silent World.
All the best.

The CF200 is made of crushed neoprene. The air bubbles associated with regular neoprene cause changes in buoyancy. However, because the air bubbles with the CF have been crushed, there should be no change in buoyancy characteristics. If you are wearing new undergarments along with your new suit, you may have to add a couple pounds. Typically, the undergarment is the primary factor in a difference of buoyancy.

Even though your suit did not come with pockets, you can send your DUI in and we can install pockets at any time.

Regarding dry glove assembly...like much of everything else, it comes down to a personal preference thing. I have really come to enjoy the comfort and durability of the zip neoprene dry gloves. They take a little more of a learning curve on the surface (getting your gear on with gloves on), but you get used to them pretty quick. Underwater, it is very similar to diving a 5mm wet glove, except your hands are dry, warm, and COZY! If you do not need the durability, the maximum dexterity (orange) zip gloves are easy to use right away. You just have to be careful where you place your hands (no zebra mussels or lobster :) ).

Thanks!

Jessica
DUI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom