DUI bootie - worth resizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bushman66

Registered
Reaction score
I bought my buddies old CLX450 that he outgrew. It fits me like a glove with the exception of the booties. He's a size 11 (DUI bootie size XL), I'm a size 9 (DUI bootie size L). The difference in the length between L and XL is 5/8".

That said, is it worth the $331 to resize and convert to Turbo soles? Will the extra 5/8" of length present any issues? I do plan to wear gaiters to help keep air out of my legs.

One other thing...if I convert to L booties, my son may not be able to use the suit as he is a shoe size 10.5 (XL).

Thoughts?

Are you talking about the drysuit socks attached to the drysuit, or the booties you wear underneath? I am going to assume the drysuit socks.

Do you wear a 400g bootie inside? Do you wear a thick sock too? What boots/shoes are you using? Is the extra fold uncomfortable? Do you ever feel like your boot/shoes is going to pop off?

FWIW I can tell the difference if I have a thin sock vs a thick sock on. It shows in how my fin moves to my foot, and that is wearing the same shoes or the same Turbo Soles. It is how the space to my fin is filled that is important to me. XL Jets BTW.

layer a couple pairs of wool/fleece socks (a lot less cost), and its all good....

Thanks...yes, I was referring to the drysuit socks attached. I'll be diving SoCal, so ~56 degree water, don't think I'll be diving colder than that typically, so I'll just be using the thin green fleece booties.

I was just wondering since this is my first foray into drysuit diving, and heard that you need to be careful about excess material in the legs/feet. I couldn't see that little extra length making that big of a difference. Sounds like it doesn't so I'll just do the turbo sole conversion and use the same fins I use for warm water diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom