Dui 30/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J,

Yes, I am on the DUI board asking questions and the ScubaBoard. I found a dealer in Tampa that has eight new 30/30 suits in stock as rentals. So, I am thinking about making a trip to them for sizing. Did you special order your suit? What DiveWear are you using and what temperature range?

Tim

Tim,

I actually bothered my LDS and had them get in contact with the area DUI rep who sent a 30/30 large over. I tried it out one weekend in the quarry in 75 degree water and was sold on it immediately. I brought it back to my LDS to return to the rep and was then giving the option to buy it right there...so, me being impatient...I bought it.

I will be using the Stretchliner 100 to start with....in 82 degree water I should be ok. If I start to get chilly or maybe at night I may use the AW150...I also did layer both of these and was ok...but I think only one at time will suffice.

I think I remember reading you may want to use this down to 60 degrees...as Kathy stated...you are going to need a larger size then to compensate for a thicker undergarment.

I am a cold person or just hard to please when it comes to being warm underwater so anything in lower to mid 70's I would definetly go with the AW150..but that's just me.

Ideally for you..if you are going to make a long drive..ensure they have the undergarments there you will be using as well..and spend the time to get it right. My demo suit also had zip seals....imagine busting a wrist seal in Belize...I'd go with the zip seals as well because the chances of finding someone to replace it or even have an extra seal is null in the Caribbean.

J

J,
During the summer months here the water temps are in the mid to upper 80s. I usually dive with a 0.5mm suit. We do find some cooler temperatures at depth on the wrecks. But, I have never done any diving in 70 degree waters, so I just avoid winter diving. My 3mm suit should be fine for the upper 70s plus I have a 3mm shorty to layer and a hooded vest.

The 30/30 I am thinking about for winter diving and week long liveaboards. I am currently researching a Galapagos Island trip. The 30/30 could be a perfect suit for Galapagos.

Tim

Hi Pat...A couple of my dive buddies tease me about being a "Drysuit Weenie" We were in 40 degree water in the spring in wet suits. So I bought a Drysuit this summer. I havn't applied to PADI for the "Drysuit Weenie" card yet however.

Good luck with your Drysuit hope you like it. Looking forward to our next trip to Key Largo...

jepuskar:
A drysuit weenie? That is funny...it's called being smart.

Yes it is ment to be a joke:D Can you imagine what the card would look like??

Pat! It's me...Kim.
I have read the board before but have never gotten my own account. Anyways, you have to tell me about this 30/30, sounds like maybe a good plan for me. Make sure I get to see it when you get one. I dove regularly in TN with a semi dry and I have the semi dry with me here in the keys but have never used it.

Great to see you on here!!

Kim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom