Dui 30/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I saw this suit in a LDS the other day and it looks sweet.I was wondering what about it makes it a "tropical" suit? Is it just the slim fit or am I missing something? Also since Im slim Im thinking I could still don thicker undergarmets with it for colder diving.
ANyone have one yet and what are your thoughts?

I asked about this suit when looking for a drysuit - the answer I recieved was it is tropical for 3 reasons: 1) Ankle seals 2) not designed for heavy ungergarments 3) breathable fabric shell.

Yes, that is correct. There is a huge difference wearing a breathable drysuit in warm weather compared to one that is not.

As stated the suit is not designed for heavy undergarments, so it is sleek.

Ok, breathable.. great... ankle seals... no thanks. Why would anyone want to screw with donning and doffing another set of seals along with dealing with the maintenance? Not to mention the chances of a seal ripping on a given dive just increased by 166%.

I think its a good idea...for one, I can wear my wet suit booties along with the same fins I always use while wet suit diving. Coming out of the water my feet our wet and the booties come of easy so I am cool around the feet and can put regular shoes on if I wanted to...good for shore diving.

I'm with you on the ripping part...that does suck, but the seals are covered by the suit on that part. Maintenance? What maintenance?

Washing and talcing them.

Thanks for the input. Why would breathable be a bad thinbg in any suit?

If memory serves, only breathable while dry, harder to repair and more likely to become permeable... that said if it's in the budget I'd think it worth it. I like attached boots but am seriously considering getting my next suit with ankle seals...

Aloha, Tim

No need to use talc, I use a drysuit lubricant spray that is safe for latex. Works well.

Two more seals to spray or clean is worth it for me in order to have cool feet before, during, and after a dive.

Decided on the BAre XCD2, I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom