DUI 200 vs Bare XCD2 material question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I searched for a drysuit and based on recommendations made (LDS and several trusted local instructors) I decided that in the NE, I wanted a crushed/compressed neo suit with a neo neck, front entry, attached hard boots and latex wrist seals. I started looking into suits and DUI and Bare were the 2 that I found that fit. I decided I would watch the used market for a newer, but used suit from either 2. I ended up with the bare.

I had read a lot of "hype" about the suits during my research and would like some clarification. DUI says that they are the only manufacturer with a true compressed or crushed density neo - and that other manuf have some variation of density - but not true C/C ike they have.

Bare says that their 4 and 6 are somewhat modified but that their 2 is a true compressed/crushed neo.

DUI says that the longterm longevity will be the difference.

Are they both basically using the same material?

I have 3 links - 1 is a link to info about DUI and their claims
Crushed Vs Compressed Foam 2009

another is a youtube video where a Bare rep makes claims about their material as well as the bare website that talks about their material
YouTube - Bare XCD2 Drysuit Review

Dive - Products - Drysuits - XCD2 Tech Dry - Men's

So what are the differences?

So noone knows if there is a difference in the material or if they are essentually the same. This is the end all - be all information site - someone knows....:D

I should have labeled the title BP/W vs BC and I would havea million opinions:D

Back
Top Bottom