Duck Hunters at Eastcliffe Hall Entry Pt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone shore diving the Eastcliffe Hall, remember that duck hunting season is open now. The entry point is used by duck hunters and you'll have to dodge pellets if you enter there! I'd recommend looking for hunters before going in!

I'd recommend you approach this as a boat dive.

Hey Steve, thanks. Is there a shore diving guide though?

Hi David,

While it is possible to shore dive the ECH, with or without a scooter, it requires advanced training, technical gear, and lots of experience. Unlike some people who think it is fitting to advertise how 'easy' it is and how everyone does it all the time, on Scubaboard, I do not agree. To do this dive safely from shore without scooters requires at least 500cf of gas for it to be done safely, which requires a lot of experience with carrying multiple stages. It is also a real overhead dive, due to the illegality of surfacing in the shipping channel, and the impossibility of surfacing when the freighters are overhead.

Sincerely,
Neil

So we get crapped on for telling people how we do dives, and we get crapped on if we don't. Just can't win.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom