Dubai Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cayal

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know the cost of diving the Dubai Aquarium? I've emailed them and looked online but can't find a cost (and they haven't replied). Specifically I am looking at doing the dive where you learn the photography/get a chance to take your own photos.

Also, do you need to book in advance, or can you just show up?

Thanks.

Can't really help with your specific questions but I have dived in a couple of aquariums and booking was essential as they had set times/days specifically for this. Maybe try calling them? Good luck.

If I'm not mistaken, it will cost you around 800 dirham. They will provide you all the diving equipment, and they will not allow you to bring your own gear except for dive comp and mask.

They will require you to book minimum of 1 or 2 days in advance. The dive time is 30 minutes, and they run the schedule couple of times a day.

They also require you to flash your C-card (mine was left in my workplace when I tried to register).

Last edited:
Thanks.

I eventually found the costings for the aquarium, different area of the website.

I still haven't heard back from them when I emailed, same issue with Atlantis Aquarium. They seem to be bad at responding to emails over there.

Oh well, I will try to book at some point.

The diving at the Dubai Mall aquarium and Atlantis is run by Al Boom in Dubai .... good luck!

Certified diver - AED 625
Non Certified - AED 875 (inc. pool session at their Al Wasl Road centre)

You can only use your own mask and computer, all other kit has to be theirs (aquarium clean)
They do run a distinctive specialty, which has 3 dives, one of which is a photography dive.

Other than doing the course, you cannot take a camera with you.

The volunteer program for cleaning the aquarium on the other hand doesn't have the same restrictions.

They do run a distinctive specialty, which has 3 dives, one of which is a photography dive.

Other than doing the course, you cannot take a camera with you.

Oh really? That's a shame.

I would love to do the specialty dive though.

The diving at the Dubai Mall aquarium and Atlantis is run by Al Boom in Dubai .... good luck!

Is that a sarcastic good luck? Do they have a bad rep? Or did I just misread it? lol

-----------

Now I am wondering whether to do the Dubai Mall or Atlantis, The Palm. But since Al Boom look after both, hopefully I can get some info.

Oh really? That's a shame.

I would love to do the specialty dive though.

That would be three dives then

Is that a sarcastic good luck? Do they have a bad rep? Or did I just misread it? lol

You read it right first time :wink:

I actually got a reply (three in fact) from Al Boom diving so I happy with that. I will probably end up diving at Atlantis, The Palm seeing as I can take my camera and it is a cheaper dive.

It is cheaper for a reason. The aquarium at Atlantis is a pale shadow of the one at Dubai Mall

Back
Top Bottom