Dual Wreck Dive - Adonis and Rusland - 5/9/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove the Dual Wrecks today. Weather was decent - overcast and slightly rainy but not bad.

Waves were a bit on the nasty side - 3 foot curls close to the shore made it interesting to get out and under them. Once under it was maybe 4 foot viz but warm - 53 degrees at 17 to 20 feet on the wreck. It was a scattered wreckage mostly covered in sand but in spots 4 to 5 foot relief - the propeller shaft is clearly visible and I swam under it a couple times (but it took me until I got home to confirm it was the shaft - I had never been on the wreck) and lots of taug were hanging around. The Rusland was fairly easy to find once I got my bearing but not really sure that I found the Adonis or it was hard to determine which pieces go to which wreck. I did find a golf ball but I left it on the wreck because I was not sure of the salvage laws... :D
Very sandy on the way back in - I think this year I am going to get the spring straps - what a pain in the b*tt taking off the rubber straps in the surf and sand...

Best part was I met a Scubaboard member down there and we dove together - vowing to bring spearguns and Gopros on the next trip.

How did you guys get there? The last time I was there, the jetty was a real bitch. We got permission from the new priest in charge of the retreat nearby and that made things easy. But that was years ago and they do not like divers using their lot.

Yep - so I have heard - met someone that let us in on a nearby property. So we were lucky not to far a walk - but it did not seem like they were too keen on having many folks diving from shore... Seemed to make them nervous... lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom