DUAL STROBES ON A SINGLE CANON PORT??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruisensnooze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All, Am hoping someone can help me out there. I have a Canon S120 Camera in a Canon Housing WP-DC51. I also have a S2000 Strobe. I do mainly macro photography and thought I would upgrade to twin S2000 Strobes. My problem is....the Canon housing only has 1 port to attach one fibre optic cable. I have access to an Ikelite housing (borrow hubbies!!) but don't get on well with the focusing, so would prefer to stay with the Canon.
My question is...does anyone know if you can get a 'plug - on' which will take 2 fibre optic cables attached. We cannot find anything by Canon and asked our local underwater photography shop, but they cannot help. We live in UK, but am willing to purchase abroad. Hope someone can help.
Regards Chris

As mmmbelows mentioned, you can plug a second fibre optic cable into the bottom front of your first strobe and run it to the input of the second strobe.

I have also seen "dual" fibre optic cables on the interwebs. Two cables come to a single mounting plug for the camera end. Unsure of the manufacturer.

It is also normally very easy to DIY a second mounting point - for a SEA & SEA style cable I cut a cross section out of the body of a pen.

Thanks for all the replies....I am going to look into the dual fibre optic cable, but also try to work out what Inon say about linking up the 2 strobes...no doubt something on You Tube!!
Thanks all again for your help.
Christine..

Hi All
I have tracked down what I need, thanks to Alex Tattersall of Underwater Vision of Nauticam.co.uk It is called Inon Double Hole Rubber Bushing for a fibre optic cable. It is also made by Inon but not the one timz mentions. So easy to connect the 2 strobes to one port. Links below where available:

Backscatter : Underwater Camera, Underwater Video Housing, Underwater Photography, Waterproof Camera
Nauticam UK | Underwater Visions | Underwater Housings

Hope the above works!! otherwise its available at Backscatter or Underwater Visions.

Regards Chris

Hi All
I have tracked down what I need, thanks to Alex Tattersall of Underwater Vision of Nauticam.co.uk It is called Inon Double Hole Rubber Bushing for a fibre optic cable. It is also made by Inon but not the one timz mentions. So easy to connect the 2 strobes to one port. Links below where available:

Backscatter : Underwater Camera, Underwater Video Housing, Underwater Photography, Waterproof Camera
Nauticam UK | Underwater Visions | Underwater Housings

Hope the above works!! otherwise its available at Backscatter or Underwater Visions.

Regards Chris

It's actually the same thing. Just angled or not angled.

You don't need anything at all. Put the second strobe in slave mode. Perfect exposure no need for a second cable.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom