DSS Weight Plate and doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

616fun

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Your site says that your weight plates are for single tank you only. What's the reasoning behind this?

The plates are about the perfect weight addition I need to my doubles set up with my thickest drysuit garments.

Your site says that your weight plates are for single tank you only. What's the reasoning behind this?

The plates are about the perfect weight addition I need to my doubles set up with my thickest drysuit garments.

Two reasons:

1) The weight plates mount on the tank side of the plate and will space the tank away from the plate. The required tank band bolt length would project past the tanks when dis assembled. That's not what you want.

2) if you need to add ballast to a singles rig just place soft weight pouches between the wing and back plate. The wing will keep them from falling between the cylinders, and the band bolts keep in top and bottom, and the plate clamps every thing in place.

Simple, cheap (if you already own the soft weights) and easily adjustable.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom