DSS SK-7 Compass mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic001918

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,
I just ordered two of the DSS SK-7 compass mounts for me and the Mrs. I was wondering if these are going to come with instructions on how to remove the compass portion from the original Suunto mount? I'd hate to do damage trying to remove it.

Thanks,
Shane

I hear hot water helps to soften up original mount (snap ring) so it comes apart easier.

medic001918:
Hey,
I just ordered two of the DSS SK-7 compass mounts for me and the Mrs. I was wondering if these are going to come with instructions on how to remove the compass portion from the original Suunto mount? I'd hate to do damage trying to remove it.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

We don't make the compass, or the original mount. There are several Suunto mounts, and possibly some I haven't seen. That makes it pretty hard to provide removal instructions.

Hot water is your freind. Be careful not to scratch the liquid filled compass as this can lead to future cracks.

Tobin

Thanks,
Fair enough about the hot water. It seems like it's just molded in there, so the water makes sense and should make it slip right out. I didn't realize Suunto used different mounts. I figured they were standard. Looking forward to getting them. You don't make a mount for an Aeris XR-2 computer, do you? I looked but didn't see one. The Mrs. like's the idea of the bungee cord mount for her computer too.

Shane

medic001918:
Thanks,
Fair enough about the hot water. It seems like it's just molded in there, so the water makes sense and should make it slip right out. I didn't realize Suunto used different mounts. I figured they were standard. Looking forward to getting them. You don't make a mount for an Aeris XR-2 computer, do you? I looked but didn't see one. The Mrs. like's the idea of the bungee cord mount for her computer too.

Shane

Suunto and their mounts.... Console, add on console, wrist, hose, retractor......Yikes!

Sorry no bungee mounts for any Aeris or Oceanic instruments currently

We did just finish a bungee mount for the UWATEC FS-1 Wrist Compass. Hope to get pics up soon.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom