Closed DSS Pro-Fit Long Pattern Stainless Steel Backplate and Harness Setup

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My plate is packed away as dive season is over here. If I get a chance to get to it, I'll post the dimension. Aren't they on the web page?

@lexvil - are you using the FP with a DH (Kraken)? If yes, how is the can placement using the FP? I have always dove a DH with the VDH "Vintage Plate". Haven't used my FP yet... pondering if I am to bring it to Curacao (will be diving a DH there again)....

@lexvil - are you using the FP with a DH (Kraken)? If yes, how is the can placement using the FP? I have always dove a DH with the VDH "Vintage Plate". Haven't used my FP yet... pondering if I am to bring it to Curacao (will be diving a DH there again)....
I used the FP with the Kraken but I’ve sold the Kraken and the VDH plate, (FP worked better) I just let out an inch or so of strap in the shoulder to drop it down a bit and ran the tank as low as possible.

Reality is while I haven’t slowed down diving yet (65 at the end of the year) I just don’t feel like messing around with it anymore, I’m not one for nostalgia for nostalgias sake and spend plenty of fun time rebuilding single hose stuff which is effortless breathing when I get it right. Diving for me takes a whole day with 7 to 8 hours of driving, SI, total of nearly 3 hours under water, I’m now into simplification where possible. I do have a DH that I’ll put a Phoenix one one of these days.

I’m not a hoarder, at least as far as some stuff goes :confused:

Freedom doesn’t make a long that long
Yet it fits perfectly, also doesn’t sit on your shoulder blades, the DSS is a nice plate but after a few dives with the FP I knew I would never use it again (no doubles, if I were to consider doubles as an option I wold go side mount)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom