DSS Bungee Mount and Suunto Zoop Novo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if this is relevant, but I had to carve out a Zoop (non-Novo) bungee mount to fit my Zoop Novo in it.

In my experience with DSS bungee mounts (but not for Suunto), it's best to soak the mount in hot tap water to loosen it up enough to get your computer in (or out).

@d^2b What/how did you carve/cut?
In this picture it's the top / bottom, but really it's the sides of the computer. You can see at the top where the corners have been sliced off some lugs to let the computer fit in. Same on the bottom, but there is less contrast.

DISCLAIMER: I later had some weird lockups from this computer. It seems unlikely that it's related, but just so you know.

IMG_20201114_190525.jpg

The older model Suunto puck-type computers (Gekko, Zoop, Vyper, Vytec, Vyper2, Vyper AIr, Helo2) are smaller in diameter than the Zoop Novo and the Vyper Novo. The DSS mount for Suunto computers was designed for the older models not the Novo models.

The picture that d^2b posted is the bungee mount for the older puck-type computers that I mentioned...the Novo models' bungee mount is totally different, they have plastic pieces that connect with the strap spring pins and then the bungee cord is passed through the holes of the plastic pieces:

upload_2020-11-15_0-24-14.jpeg

Unlike the bungee mount for the older puck computers the Novo bungee mount does not consist of a protective plastic/rubber boot. Instead the protective boot is sold and mounted separately:

upload_2020-11-15_0-25-47.jpeg

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom