DSMB Suggestion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smokn'

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I would like a DSMB, preferably around 6” wide, 4-6’ long, must have oral and regulator inflation, OPV. A nice semi-closed/baffle bottom also. Anyone have experience with a good DSMB that fits the bill? I’d like to keep it under $50 if possible.

I was Looking for the exact same thing. I haven’t used it yet, but got this one,
SMB 4.2 foot / 48

I was also looking at the oms hybrid

I was Looking for the exact same thing. I haven’t used it yet, but got this one,
SMB 4.2 foot / 48

I was also looking at the oms hybrid
That’s actually one of my top contenders right now. I just couldn’t find any reviews about it.

might I ask what you're looking to do with said dsmb? I find that specific size of dsmb to be pretty frustrating. It's took big to bother with for the dive portion, and not big enough for easy surface spotting if you are lost. When and why do you plan on deploying it and what got you to require that many types of inflation methods?

Marine Sports manufactures exactly what you are looking for. It will run you about $70.

Attachments

• IMG_20171218_180007229.jpg
    IMG_20171218_180007229.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 68
I have one that is similar to what you describe. It's made by scubapro. Really nice quality. But I agree with @tbone1004 it's really not the ideal size for ocean usage. I use mine for local lakes and quarries. I carry a different style for the ocean.

might I ask what you're looking to do with said dsmb? I find that specific size of dsmb to be pretty frustrating. It's took big to bother with for the dive portion, and not big enough for easy surface spotting if you are lost. When and why do you plan on deploying it and what got you to require that many types of inflation methods?

It’ll be replacing the safety sausage I currently carry on all my OW dives, mostly local lakes and Florida coast. I want the flexibility to deploy at depth and something a little better than a 36” sausage. It’ll mostly just stay clipped to my BC.

If you're interested in buying used, I was going to be listing my HOG 6' orange one. It's in good shape except the bungee that wraps around it is getting a little loose. I just wrap the bungee twice around it. For $15 shipped, it's yours...

Hog! 6ft Orange SMB w/ Reflective Tape ,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom