DSAT Tec Course after 2 Stents Implantation ? Is it okay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phhappy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For the past month, I have tried to find information on taking DSAT Tec Deep Dive course after two angiplasty stents implantation with no result. Even my cardiologist has no solid comment. I had 2 stents implantation 10 years ago, and since then. I have been doing a lot of exercise running and weight lifting, and having regular heart check up and stress test with no problem. I am able to do a 16 minutes Stressed EGC test and run a half marathon in 1 hour an 50 minutes and a 50km trail run up and down hill in 6 hours. My resting heart rate is 48 rpm. Bench press 160 lb, and I am 51 years old, 5'8" and 140 lbs. Physically, I feel that I am healthier than when I was 18. I am on Plavix and Lipitor, and my yearly blood work are perfect. I am planning on taking the PADI DSAT Deep Tec course next year. Do you think there is anything that I need to be concerned of ? Or should I be doing it at all ?

I would love your comment and advices in this matter. THANK YOU.:help::help:

It sounds as though you ought to be fine, but I would recommend PMing debersole here to ask for a more specific opinion. (He is a tech diving cardiologist.)

It sounds as though you ought to be fine, but I would recommend PMing debersole here to ask for a more specific opinion. (He is a tech diving cardiologist.)

Hello TSandM,
Thanks for your recommendation. I have already written to debersole for advise and am waiting for his reply.
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom