DS4 Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would like to know how everyone has their hoses routed for single tanks. I am about to buy another one to match my doubles (and of course the routing will be between the two and easier, but for now I have 2 2nd stage regs (including a 7 foot hose), drysuit hose (though that is typically on an argon tank), LP inflator and SPG. I was looking at turning it inward with the dryseal pointing to the right, but am thinking that for a single tank it should be pointed down like I have it. Right now if you're facing the first stage, the 2nd stages come off the left hand side (over the right shoulder) and the other hoses come off the right hand side (over/under the left shoulder). If someone has a better routing or one that is versatile to turning the reg sideways, I'd like to know.

Thanks

--dsm

darylm74:
I would like to know how everyone has their hoses routed for single tanks. I am about to buy another one to match my doubles (and of course the routing will be between the two and easier, but for now I have 2 2nd stage regs (including a 7 foot hose), drysuit hose (though that is typically on an argon tank), LP inflator and SPG. I was looking at turning it inward with the dryseal pointing to the right, but am thinking that for a single tank it should be pointed down like I have it. Right now if you're facing the first stage, the 2nd stages come off the left hand side (over the right shoulder) and the other hoses come off the right hand side (over/under the left shoulder). If someone has a better routing or one that is versatile to turning the reg sideways, I'd like to know.

Thanks

--dsm
When using it for singles...dry seal pointed down, there is no other way.

as mentioned you don't have very many options for routing with the exact number of hoses as there are ports. primary and octo divers right, drysuit, bcd, spg diver's left. no other options.
As for doubles I turn the seals inwards towards each other, and use all the bottom ports. This creates a low profile, no-snag rig.

Back
Top Bottom