Ds4 blanking plug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimlikethefish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Picked up a set of used ds4's from a rebreather. They have the blanking plugs to prevent ip fluctuations. I plan on using them as o/c for 2 stages. Knowing at most they would see is 3ata (70ft), should I bother changing the blanking plugs back to the factory hydrostatic diaphragm?

Obviously my depths during the dive would exceed 3ata but they would be turned off and not used until 70 and 20.

at 3ata there is going to be a considerable drop in performance. The second stages want 135 over ambient and at 3ata you're only going to be giving them 105 over ambient. They won't be happy, nor will you. For now you can just remove the blanking plug but I'd look at getting the transmitter T bit and silicone diaphragm if you want to keep the insides clean. They're not expensive and it won't require any rebuild. You can absolutely DIY it.

coming off of a CCR I would also check the IP as the blanked ones are often tuned way back

I have them apart now for the rebuild. I will just order the parts then. Thanks for the confirmation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom