DS Fri Sat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
I will be at DS Friday earler in the day for a couple of hours then Sat with Dive3h. Any body elso going Friday early?

I will be at DS Saturday and Sunday. I'de like the chance to meet you and other club members in the area.

Where will you be or how can I find you?

I'll be camping with the future misses Friday and Saturday nights.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,
Paul.

I normally set up on the pennusla under the trees as close to the water as possable. Just hollar for me. Sat we will be there after opening.

sylvester:
I will be at DS Friday earler in the day for a couple of hours then Sat with Dive3h. Any body elso going Friday early?

Rich,

:nope: I can't make it this weekend -- class on Saturday and church with my family on Sunday. I am planning on a Sunday trip next weekend though. Will you still be here?

I have my AL40 pony bottle all set up "sling style" and want to practice diving with it. :)

Thomas

:usa:

I will be here that weekend, not sure if I will make it up then. I started that way today between rain showers, and her jeep blew a fuse and died so I considered that bad juju and headed home after getting it towed to be fixed. Yea for towing and labor insurance.

I made up up to Dutch with Dan today (Sat) had a couple of nice dives.

Dive 1 was with a new set of doubles and wing mostly on the platform to test drive em.

Dive 2 after adjustments from dive 1 trim issues balance was better still not very smooth in the water with the doubles but able to reach and manipulate all the valves and maintain a horizontal position in the water. Went to the comit, wooden boat, and airplane, trim balance and control was getting smoother. Purged tanks to 300psi to check wgt at the 15' safety stop and again at about 6'.

Dive 3 was the best of the day, after refilling the tanks entered the water from the left side of the pensula below the watch tower. dropped to 50' and swam with the wall on the left. I have never dove that strech and there is plenty to look at over there, lots of fish nice rock walls. If you never dove that area you should. We made it to the van before turning, watched a couple of divers with scooters. Dan messed with his video camera hopefully he was able to capture the nice parts of that dive.

I hope to make it back to DS at least one more time before I leave.

Rich,
going to edit & make copies tonight. I'll try to get one to you b4 you leave.
I have to figure out how to eliminate the fogging. by watching the video, there seemed to be condensation that forms as I enter or exit a thermocline. It only lasts for about a minute but I can't tell that it's there as im on the other side of the lens.
It was kind of funny how that trout was showing us how to penatrate and exit the van. (almost like he was showing off).

Sunday's dives were pretty good, vis sucked between 20-60' but cleared nicley after 60. visited the shack and the "abyss wall" (not sure who coined that name) free descent to 98' to let some new drysuit guys sow their oats.

I'm going to try to get in Wed eve. can give you a copy there if your planning to go?
Dan

Back
Top Bottom