ds 125 ttl slave sensor or sync cord

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almog

Registered
Reaction score
Hello
My name is Felix from Israel
Sorry for the spelling mistakes/
Just bought oly 5050 , and ordered the ikelite housing/
But i'm very confused regarding the strobe i ordered the DS 125 with the ttl sensor but I’m not sure it was the right chose. I have few days to change this need help fast/
What is better or preferred and why the TTL slave sensor or the TTl sync cord. or maybe the Manuel controller.
Any answer will be highly appreciated
Thanks
Felix

:confused:

:confused:

Felix,

It depends on whether you want to use the strobe in TTL mode or not. You have 3 options:

1. If you use the sync cord to connect the C5050 to the DS-125 then it'll only work in manual mode only. This means that you can select 3 power settings (1/2, 1/4 and 1/8) on the strobe to control your exposure. Each power setting = 1 f-stop. I think you can do a full dump (1) as well if you set the flash mode on the C5050 to 'slave', but I'm not 100% sure if it sends the signal to the hotshoe in 'slave' mode. Best check with Ikelite. Advantage of using the sync cord in this instance is that you don't have to worry about aiming a slave sensor to the C5050s built-in flash.

2. If you use the TTL slave sensor then you can use the strobe in TTL mode + manual mode as explained above. You will need to make sure the sensor is aimed at the C5050s built-in flash so it can trigger the strobe.

3. If you use the Manual slave sensor then you can use the strobe in manual mode only with 10 power settings in half-stop increments. You can hook up the controller either by using the sensor to trigger the strobe or by attaching a sync cord to it from the camera/housing bulkhead.

Hope that's clear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom