drysuits and weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...a 7 mil neoprene drysuit is about as buoyant as they come. try just wearing thin poly long underwear or a lycra dive skin under the suit. I had a suit like yours, and found that it had air pockets behind my knees, along my spine, under my armpits... , the 7 mil rubber just wouldn't conform to my body the way a trilam or thinner crushed neoprene suit does. The thick neoprene is also much more buoyant that the other choices, so 26-28 lbs. doesn't sound out of line. Please don't resort to ankle weights, and think about utilizing equipment that has negative buoyancy,for example, a backplate/wing combo -6lbs; steel tank -6lbs compared to al 80; those two changes would allow you to take approx. 12 lbs off your waist, which will make your diving experience more enjoyable. If you can afford it, I'd look into a trilaminate suit, the difference between it and your current neoprene suit is like night and day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom