drysuit wrist sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello all
Well I have a bare d6 dry suit and I have trimmed back the wrist seals as far as they show lines and it is still too tight. After about 10 minutes my hands go numb. Does anyone have any suggestions on this or is this natural. Please let me know.

Thanks

Latex wrist seals come in different sizes. Wrist circumference is the standard measure. When purchasing new wrist seals, measure your wrists with a tape measure and make sure that the sizing range fits your wrists. With new suits, you can get unlucky if the stock seals happen to be too large/small for you.

Invert the arms on your drysuit and look for some size marking on the wrist seals (surface facing your wrist). I believe that the bell-type Bare wrist seals use a S, M, L sizing scale. It sounds like you need one size larger than whatever is currently on the suit.

If you purchased the drysuit new, some manufacturer reps will be willing to change out the seals for no extra charge to keep the customer happy.

Did you purchase your suit new?
If so, were you measured to ensure appropriately fitting seals? (You should be aware that neck seals come in different sizes, too.)

Back
Top Bottom