Drysuit weighting question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to the DUI demo days this weekend. I have 19 lbs I plan on taking with a weightbelt and I could get more. I noticed from others commments they have some extra there if you don't have enough. Are the weights they have there in the smaller increments like the 3 and 2 lb'ers or do they have any 5 lb'ers. Reason I'm asking is I can get more weight here but the only thing is I can only get it in 3 lb increments.

How much weight will very depening on many variables, BC or BP/W, boot type, tank, fins, insulation,and from suit to suit. I use 32# with a steel 72, BC, with polartec 100 weight insulation. I'm 5'9" and 200#. Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

When I attended the DUI Dog Days, they had extra weights, DUI "Weight and Trim" system weight harness. They also provide fins in the event you need a larger size to fit with their "Rock Boots".

I had a really hard time feeling correct weight dry. When I finally did a weight check, I discovered that I was 6 kilograms too heavy. It's amazing how just a small amount of extra air in the suit changes things. Plus, you cant do something like jam it in a bucket of water to measure.

I'd need to check my log, but I think I use something like 10# more dry than wet, but I'm really really cold wet and really really warm dry. When I did a Whites demo day, I was seriously cold in their demo undergarments.

I use 26lbs of lead, 4 five pound bricks 2 three pound bricks. Its all a matter of gear and location of the weights. Im a tall skinny guy and I use a BP/W with a 80al tank.

on my first drysuit dive i used the same config i normally do for my 7mm
#16 total weight (Al bk/w), AL80 single
- light top, light bottom undergarmets (water temp was 83)

no problems being under weighted, i would experiment with it so that your not over weighted. And its going to change depending on your undergarments of course and how full you keep the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom