drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danieldale

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Undergarments for a Whites Fusion Bullet, any suggestions -Weezle,Whites or Fourth Elements.
quality,bouyancy and all round versatility? Looking to buy soon.Thanks all.

I love my 4th Elements - both xerotherm and arctic - warmth without bulk.

when i was in today the water temp was 44 and only my toes were cold. i need to invest in some wool socks or booties. i think ill be taking a trip to wal-mart bc 2 pairs of socks doesnt cut it.

I am with Jax on this one I have Arctics and Xerotherms. I wear the Arctics between 45-68, the Xerotherms 68 and warmer, and both for below 45.

the fourth elements seem to be less bulky than the others and more of a complete system for all water temps.
I would say that they are more of a complete system that can be geared to any temp range. I have tried another manufacturers jumpsuit before and granted it was warm and heavy but it had nylon inside and out so when I sweat the inside got all wet and clammy. Besides now that I have had a p-valve installed, I would have to poke a hole in a jumpsuit to get the "plumbing" out.

Fourth Element my choice. I like a two piece set up and the overlap of the Artic tops and bottoms. What I did with my bottoms was put in a "fly" zipper for top side breaks. Plenty warm from 34 degrees F. on up

I dive the White's MK3, which is pretty darned warm. It has also been reasonably durable, although quality control on the exterior stitching seems kind of poor (lots of quilting stitching coming out).

I recently did two days of diving in a Weezle Extreme Plus, and I think when I replace the White's, that's what I am going to buy. It was extremely comfortable, maybe even a little bit warmer than the White's, and although I did not do a formal weight check, it was my impression that it might require a bit LESS weight than the White's. The only real negative I encountered was that it didn't have a drop seat like the White's, but for a man, that would be pretty unimportant.

Hi Guys:

For those of you using Fourth Element Arctic undergarments, did you use anything else before? I just purchased a set of Fourth Element Arctic because the Pinnacle one piece restricted the mobility in my arms. Did you need less or more weight using the Fourth Element undergarments? Also does the long sleeve shirt ride up on you through the dive?

Thanks,
C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom