Drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I broke down and got a $200 Weezle from LDS. Temps at depth locally are 43 degrees. Now, I just need to a get a new dry suit. When will the spending end??? :)

Thanks for the advice.

I've been having good luck in Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence Seaway this season with Underarmor as my wicking layer, wool socks, and Cabella's Special Ops Polartec.
The drysuit is a DUI TLS350 (shoulder entry) with rock boots.

Water temp in Lake Ontario at the deck of the St Peter (~100 ft) has been a consistent 41 degrees and I've felt very comfortable throughout my dives, ascents and safety stops. Additionally, I find they all dry fairly quickly during my surface interval (perspiraton, condensation, etc), making the second dive as comfortable as the first.

It all dried fairly quickly too the day I was running drills in shallow water, and inadvertently opened my zipper ~2" with the whistle on my BC strap while practicing a full escape. Note to self...don't do THAT again.

John

"The point of a journey is not to arrive".... Neil Peart

dannobee:
The Carol Davis stuff uses the same material as DUI's Polartec Powerstretch, so the venting should be similar. I have never had a problem.

True, but Carol's suits only use one layer of Polartec Powerstretch, whereas the $400 DUI suit has two layers. If you want something functionally identical to the $400 DUI Powerstretch suit, check out the USIA Superstretch. It's very nicely made, about $150 less expensive, black (bonus!) and it has the smooth side out on the outer layer (whereas the DUI suit has the fuzzy side out on both layers). This seems like it would make the undergarment slide easier against the interior of the drysuit, or at least pill less.

GO with fleece its fairly cheep, can pick up some nice pants and a jacket at ross or simalar store. I dive fleece here in monterey which at times does get into the 40's. Added benifit it does not absorb water. My suit leaks a bit and it is nice to not have any of the cold water sitting soak up in a cotten shirt on my torso.

On a slightly different note the best brand name for fleece if definently patagonia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom