Drysuit Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

troyhop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just curious if anyone has heard anything good or bad about the Hollis Undergarments. I am looking for a good undergarment that will keep me warm in 35 degree water. Anyone have any good suggestions? Its getting paired with a crushed neoprene drysuit.

I've heard decent things but don't know anyone that owns one. I tried to buy their light weight undergarment but supply problems ended up changing the order to a Bare.

35 degrees is pretty darn cold. I've been in 38 degree water in my trilam with a Bare Super Hi-Loft undergarment and been comfortable. Something similar from Hollis in your neoprene suit will probably work well for you.

It looks like the Hollis undergarment is pretty thin with 100g thinsulate between some fleece (inner layer) and a shell of nylon.

That said, I wouldn't dive that in water as cold as you describe. 100g of thinsulate is very thin (I dive a 200g jumpsuit from time to time in 68-72 degree water, I get cold after about 2 hours). Plus, I question the ability of that undergarment to keep you warm if the suit floods.

While some of the Hollis products are good, for the type of diving you're thinkin' about, I'd pass on this undergarment. You would probably be better served looking into a Santi or DUI thinsulate based undergarment.

Thanks, yeah some cold water around here in Michigan. The local lake we dive is always around 39 degrees year round so I am looking for something warm. Also getting more into Tech diving so I need something with some warmth for those lengthy deco stops.

Has anyone heard anything good about Fourth element stuff. I am just worried about the whole 2 piece thing and don't want any skin to get exposed for any reason. I have heard some good things as that they are really warm and comfortable. Just curious on your opinions on that too.

I've heard really good things about it. I'd have them myself if they weren't so expensive. I've got their socks and like them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom