Drysuit storage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIdiverMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have a used DUI TLS350 and am wondering about storage. Manual says to store in a cool dry place with no gas/electric appliances. I hang mine on a wide hanger in the garage first after soaking/rinsing. I might leave it there for a day or two before bringing it to my basement and hanging it there. There's an electric dehumidifier about 10 feet away from where I hang it in the basement.

Questions:

(1) I know it's not great to hang in the garage - car exhaust can't be good for the latex seals. But since I'm only doing that for a day or two after each use, should I really worry about that, or would storing it in the garage only be a concern if I did it all the time or for long periods?

(2) How paranoid should I be about hanging it in my basement near the dehumidifier? Manual also says that if you must store near gas/electric appliances, store it inside a sealed plactic bag. Since I'm using the suit every weekend, I mainly just hang it (as per above) rather than fold up and place in a zippered gym-like bag - which I only do when I know I won't be using it for at least 2 weeks. So do other folks store their suits when in use every week? And is a zippered gym-like bag ok - not sure I really understand what they mean by a "sealed plastic bag" - is that like a garment bag, a trash bag or what?

thx in advance,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom