Drysuit storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just got a TLS shoulder entry drysuit and was wondering if I should be hanging it up with the zipper open or closed? It seems that having the zipper open would strain the joints of the zipper and cause the suit to wear out faster.

Thank you in advance for for any information.

Hi!

Thanks for your inquiry! You should only really hang your DUI to dry the suit. For storage, the suit should be folded and stored in the black DUI bag that came with the suit. The bag with the suit should be stored in a cool, dry place. This will help increase the longevity of the seals and zipper.

Thanks,

Jessica
DUI

Store with the Zipper open? Closed?

when I hang mine, (front entry) I close the outer cover zipper part way to lesson the strain and leave inner waterproof zipper open .. I store it in the bag with the outer zipper closed, inner zipper open

I know the question might seem stupid, but the manaul says to store hanging with the zipper open. This seemed to go against common sense so I figured I would ask to very that there was nothing I didnt know. Jessica thank you for your response clarifing the manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom