Drysuit sock style choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my whites drysuit with the sock bootie and had an insulated shoe put on it so my feet wouldn't freeze.

The original boot is great for mud work.

JustinW:
Thanks for the responses, must have been the mention of seaotter pelt booties.

Nah, some of us just browse the forums slowly.

JustinW:
I was told not to go with a fabric booty like the powerstretch or thinsulate socks.

Interesting. The Powerstretch sock was recommended to me by someone who dives with them often and in the types of environments I'm looking to dive. But I guess different people recommend different things.

Rainman, What environments will you be diving in? We are both in California. I'm just trying to figure out everyones perspective on this for the very reasons that different people on the same site dive different stuff. The powerstretch sock looks interesting, as does a nice pair of wool socks from REI. Being that I haven't dove any of the above options I really don't understand the pros and cons of each option.

Thick wool socks covered with a set of seal skinz.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=111063

I used a set of these while shoveling out this weekend in NY now I have two uses for them. My feet felt like the never left the fire place.

Hi,

Fleece socks (from REI or such) for warmth and wicking, with thin neoprene socks over that (for a touch more insulation, but mostly for water resistance when walking around wet boat deck out of drysuit).

Cheers,

Walter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom