Drysuit repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a place that can replace the feet on my (new to me) drysuit. I know of several options but I'm looking who is well recomended. I can ship the suit if need be but someplace local to So Cal would be best. It's a Bare ATR HD trilam suit.

Next question is what kind of feet? If I'm getting new ones I get to pick the style. I think I like what DUI does, that thin compressed neoprene (that has very littlestretch) with rock bots over and thinsolite socks. The soft neoprene socks seem to take much effort to put on and take off.

Any good dry suit repair facility should be able to replace boots, socks or whatever system you have. Try Express Drysuit Repair (http://www.expressdrysuitrepair.com). I personally like the heavy boots. I'm not a big fan of the rock boot type systems but that's just my opinion. I like the heavy duty boots that USIA puts on their suits since I dive in places with very rocky shorelines with a lot of oyster beds and they tear up neoprene or latex socks and rock boots don't seem to hold up as well.

I have a DUI suit and I definitely love the Rock Boots.

It gives you a more natural feel because it is more like a shoe, and it is really rugged.

DUI's Rock boots are nice when you have the CF200 neoprene socks. But most Neoprene socks are real thick so you need to size up on boots 2-3 sizes. The thinner Neoprene is not really that strong and I have never seen any company have great luck with it. I prefer attached boots.

USIA:
DUI's Rock boots are nice when you have the CF200 neoprene socks. But most Neoprene socks are real thick so you need to size up on boots 2-3 sizes. The thinner Neoprene is not really that strong and I have never seen any company have great luck with it. I prefer attached boots.

I am size 11 shoes and I have size 12 Rock Boots. Most of the year all I wear are semi thick Hiking socks. When the water temp gets real cold (38 degrees F.) I slap on a polartech sock to the hiking sock, and that's all she wrote :)

Very warm and very comfortable :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom