Drysuit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My apologies in my previous post I indicated that NFPA recommended vulcanized rubber suits which is incorrect. After seeing Blades' post I was reminded that FEMA NIMS recommends vulcanized rubber suits.

NFPA 1670 Chapter 9 section 9.4.6.3 part 12 only refers to full encapsulation with drysuit, dry gloves, dry hood, and full face mask for contaminated waters.

Mark D.

We treat our dives as having potential biological or HazMat diving, which leads us to Full Face Masks with vulcanized suits. The full face masks mate great to the rubber hoods of the vulcanized suits (my only experience is with Vikings), providing better encapsulation for us than a standard drysuit (neopryne) hood.

My non-issued suit is a viking extreme, and has been used for training and lower risk of contamination PSD diving, and has held up well. I have the dry gloves and rubber hood on it, may be an alternative for you if it comes down to economics (but for pure diver protection, i think vulcanized is the best way to go).

dont know if you are still looking, but my dive team just brought 6 new OS Systems dry suits and we got a government discount because we are a public safety dive team. So whatever you choose you should be getting a discount.

Call Bellmore Fire District on Long Island NY. They are selling their dive team equipment. They are selling Viking Pro 1000 w/ Arctic Plus undergarments for $900. They have a spreadsheet of avail equipment. They will ship equipment. When I picked up a pony bottle, the gentleman said he shipped an AGA mask to Europe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom