drysuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have an andys trilam suit with the andys undies thermal layer.i have the opprotunity to purchase a Triton pro. (a dense neoprene drysuit).i have heard that neoprene seals are more bulkier than latex, restricting movementis this true,and is there a temperature difference wearing my andys unit to a neoprene drysuit.thanks Les

Basically, it's what you were UNDER the boot that makes the big difference. With the built-in boot on my neoprene suit I had no choice but to wear 2 pairs of socks to "fill up" the space in the boot. (1 very thick double-knit sock over top of a moderately thick sport sock.)

Meanwhile, my DUI has the CF200 built in soft "sock" at the end of the suit. You then put on the rock boots over that. I am only wearing a single pair of socks, albeit ones that are thick sport-type ones.

Does that help at all?

~SubMariner~

Yes, neoprene seals are more bulky than latex. But they are also warmer and can stand a little rougher handling than latex seal. They are much less apt to tear or rip and do not require any special prep like the latex do.

OTOH, on some people latex gives them a superior fit with less leaking.

I've not heard anyone complain of neoprene seals "restricting movement", though.

As to the other question, exactly what kind of neoprene are you referring to? The usual, or crushed/compressed neoprene?

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom